Having a Destination Wedding under the sun is a wonderful option for most couples, the pristine beaches of the Caribbean offer a luxurious and indulging experience for all the guests and the couple can have their wedding and honeymoon at the same time :D
There are many things to plan for a wedding under the sun, and with all things happening around the wedding day, there is often one thing that concerns all of your guests and wedding party alike and is often overlooked.
Taking care of your skin!
As exciting as it is to take a week long trip to a beautiful sunny beach, skin care is probably the one thing that should be on top of the list. There’s more to it than just buying sunscreen and pouring it all over, taking care of your skin is a very important process specially for brides and bridal party (looking like a burned lobster in wedding pictures is not that great). Here are some skin care advice from a specialist, a sun care advisor from sun care central.
Quick facts you should learn before you expose yourself to the sun:
1. Being in a completely different climate has effects in all of your body, although you might not notice it you need to make sure you hydrate yourself all of the time (specially if you’ll be drinking a lot of alcohol, and if you’re on holiday for a wedding chances are…you will).
2. Applying sunscreen must be a very thorough process, not just rubbing it in and getting in the pool 2 minutes later, the less time you give the skin to absorb the sunblock, the more chances it won’t work at all. This means your skin will be very affected by the sun.
3. Keep your skin protected, direct exposure to the intense sunlight will get you burned in 20 minutes even in a cloudy day, so make sure you reapply sunblock frequently throughout the day but the most important thing is to get a skin reconditioning lotion that has aloe vera as the main ingredient. Aloe Vera will turn pink skin into brown allowing you to tan the next day
4. Manage your time in the sun, tanning is a process that develops gradually, limit your time in the sun to 2 hrs a day. Avoid being in direct exposure to sunlight during the peak hours 11-3 aprox depending on your location, the sun is at it’s highest point and it will reflect the rays in the sand and the water increasing your risk of getting burned. Plus the more your skin is exposed or burned the drier it gets and the more it’s prone to get hurt.
5. Too much sun is a real health risk, so take your time to protect the biggest and most sensitive organ in your body: your skin.
The difference between tanning and burning.
There are ways in which you can maximize your tan and minimize your burn son that you can look spectacular at the wedding and pain free.
The key to do it is to get the proper sun care protection. Many commercial lotions are made based on chemicals and heavy waxes which can cause aggravation on blisters and peeling or simply not be adequate for your skin type.
The most effective way to do it is to get a natural biodegradable filter and a proper aloe after sun lotion. A natural filter will allow you to get a base tan without burning which will increase your body’s natural sun protection while the aloe lotion will help keep your skin moisturized and repaired after the daily exposure.
Inquire more about proper skin care measures and a guest blogger from sun care central will help you out.
Happy Wedding Planning!